Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionMoving from web to field, from Victorian parlour to 21st-century mall, the 15 essays gathered here seek to yield new insights regarding the intersection of local culture, musical creativity and techlogical possibilities. Inspired by the concept of techculture , the authors locate techlogy squarely in the middle of expressive culture: they are concerned with how techlogy culturally informs and infuses aspects of everyday life and musical experience, and they argue that this merger does t necessarily result in a cultural grayout , but instead often produces exciting new possibilities. In this collection, we find evidence of musical practices and ways of kwing music that are informed or even significantly transformed by new techlogies, yet remain profoundly local in style and meaning. The contributors include Kai Fikentscher, Tong Soon Lee, Matthew Malsky, Charity Marsh, Marc Perlman, Janet L. Sturman, Thomas Porcello and Melissa West.
- Author BiographyRENE T.A. LYSLOFF is Assistant Professor of Music at the University of California, Riverside. LESLIE C. GAY, JR. is Associate Professor and Coordinator of Musicology at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. ANDREW ROSS is Director of the American Studies Program at New York University.
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication31/07/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Culture S.
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Out-of-print date28/10/2016
- Content Note26 illus
- Weight572 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byLeslie C. Gay,Leslie C. Gay Jr,Rene T. A. Lysloff
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.