All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAway from the spotlight of the pop charts and the demands of mainstream audiences, original music is still being played and audiences continue to engage with invative artists. This collection of fresh essays gathers together critical writing on such genres as Power Electronics, Black Metal, Neo-Folk, Martial Industrial, Hard-Core Punk and Horrorcore. The contributors report from the periphery of the music world, seeking to understand these new genres, how fans connect with artists and how artists engage with their audiences. Diverse music scenes are covered, from small-town New Zealand to Washington, D.C., and Ljubljana, Slovenia. Artists discussed include Coil, Laibach, Whitehouse, Insane Clown Posse, Wolves in the Throne Room, Turisas, Tyr, GG Allin and many others.
- Author BiographyScott A. Wilson is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Performing and Screen Arts at Unitec Institute of Technology in Auckland, New Zealand. He has published on topics as diverse as abjection and reality television, road safety advertising, and the role of monster movies in post-9/11 cinema. He lives in Auckland, New Zealand.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note8 photographs
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byScott A. Wilson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.