All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMusic for the Sun King is a murder mystery set in 17th century France at the time of the Sun King, Louis XIV. The investigation of a crime committed many years ago sets in motion a series of events that culminate in the murder of a musician. This rich and atmospheric vel portrays the fascinating culture of 17th century France and the plot weaves its way through the squalid streets of Paris, the sumptuous Palace of Versailles, the Bastille prison, a convent, the countryside of the Loire Valley and the magnificent chateaux of the aristocracy. In 1674, shortly before the fabulous celebrations kwn as the Grand Divertissement, Robert Dieupartis, the King's harpsichordist, is poisoned and his young assistant, accused of his murder, is incarcerated in the Bastille. Madeleine is asked to replace Robert, to play the harpsichord in the various musical events that have been planned at Versailles, where competition for the King's favour is intense and often cut-throat. She comes to the realisation that Robert was investigating a crime that was committed almost twenty years previously: a crime that she and others conspired to keep secret. As Robert's investigations are revealed, the true characters of the main protagonists are disclosed, the polite veil of courtly behaviour is rudely brushed aside and the reason for Robert's murder gradually unfolds in a series of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the last page.
- Author BiographyLindy Vinke was born in St Albans, England and spent a few years in South Africa as a teenager. In her twenties, she emigrated to Holland, where she lived on Texel for six years, eventually returning to South Africa. After many years in the hectic world of marketing and advertising, she is now a full-time writer and divides her time between cosmopolitan Johannesburg and sub-tropical Umhlanga, on the East Coast. Lindy is a Doctor of Music, with a PhD from the University of the Free State, a Performance Licentiate in Harpsichord and a Fellowship in Music from Trinity College London. She also has a BA with majors in English and History of Art. When she is not writing, she is an enthusiastic harpsichordist and pianist and paints (mainly wildlife) in oils.
- Author(s)Lindy Vinke
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.