Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting a view of the 20th-century music avant-garde without resorting to highly specialized jargon, this work offers an exhaustive history and analysis of contemporary music in a social, political, and artistic context. Distinguished contributors from around the world consider specific composers who represent the most progressive musical thinking of their time and place. Editor Larry Sitsky, an eminent Australian composer and teacher, has assembled an accessible, unique, and clearly written collection. Also exploring the links among this diverse group of composers, the guide offers a cross-index of names that will help the researcher formulate a cohesive view of the 20th-century avant-garde. A bibliography and list of selected works round out the volume, which succeeds in demystifying an area that, until w, has been the exclusive province only of the specialist.
- Author BiographyLARRY SITSKY is a noted Australian composer, pianist, musicologist, and educator. His list of works ranges from grand opera and symphony to keyboard miniatures, and his musicological investigations include many books on such subjects as Rubinstein, the Russian Avant-Garde, and reproducing piano rolls.
- Author(s)Larry Sitsky
- Date of Publication30/12/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1124 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Foreword byJonathan D. Kramer
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.