All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionMusic may be the universal language that needs words the language where all language ends, as Rilke put it but that has t stopped poets from ancient times to the present from trying to represent it in verse. Here are Rumi and Shakespeare, Elizabeth Bishop and Billy Collins; the wild pipes of William Blake, the weeping guitars of Federico Garcia Lorca, and the jazz rhythms of Langston Hughes; Wallace Stevens on Mozart and Thom Gunn on Elvis the range of poets and of their approaches to the subject is as wide and varied as music itself. The poems are divided into sections on pop and rock, jazz and blues, specific composers and works, various musical instruments, the human voice, the connection between music and love, and music at the close of life. The result is a symphony of poetic voices of all ters and tones, the perfect gift for all musicians and music lovers.
- Author BiographyEmily Fragos is an award-winning poet and editor of the Everyman s Library Pocket Poets anthologies The Great Cat: Poems About Cats and The Dance. She lives in New York City.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleEveryman's Library Pocket Poets
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight231 g
- Width109 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEmily Fragos
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.