Muslim Citizens in the West: Spaces and Agents of Inclusion and Exclusion by Nina Markovic (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $116.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $139.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing upon original case studies spanning North America, Europe and Australia, Muslim Citizens in the West explores how Muslims have been both the excluded and the excluders within the wider societies in which they live. The book extends debates on the inclusion and exclusion of Muslim mirities beyond ideas of marginalisation to show that, while there have undoubtedly been increased incidences of Islamophobia since September 2001, some Muslim groups have played their own part in separating themselves from the wider society. The cases examined show how these tendencies span geographical, ethnic and gender divides and can be encouraged by a combination of international and national developments prompting some groups to identify wider society as the 'other'. Muslim and n-Muslim scholars and practitioners in political science, social work, history and law also highlight positive outcomes in terms of Muslim activism with relationship to their respective countries and suggest ways in which increasing tensions felt, perceived or assumed can be eased and greater emphasis given to the role Muslims can play in shaping their place in the wider communities where they live.
- Author BiographyProfessor Samina Yasmeen is Director of Centre for Muslim States and Societies and lectures in Political Science and International Relations in the School of Social and Cultural Studies, the University of Western Australia (UWA), Perth. Professor Yasmeen is a specialist in political, and strategic developments in South Asia(particularly Pakistan), the role of Islam in world politics, and citizenship among immigrant women. Nina MarkoviA from the Centre for European Studies, Australian National University, is an expert in European politics and societies. Her research focuses on the role of discourses, nationalism and ethnic identities in foreign policy. She has published numerous academic works with a particular focus on the European Union, Iran, Western Balkans and Russia. She has worked in the Australian Federal parliamentary research service as a Senior Researcher for Europe and Middle East.
- Author(s)Nina Markovic
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 14 b&w illustrations
- Weight810 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited bySamina Yasmeen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.