All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the intermediary functions of Muslim interpreters in Senegal to affirm their status as active historical agents in the historiography on French colonial rule in West Africa. Its main themes include the intersection of kwledge and power in a colonial context, Muslim identity formation and French assimilation, accommodation and hegemony, and interpretation and translation as cross-cultural processes.
- Author BiographyTamba M'bayo is assistant professor of history at West Virginia University.
- Author(s)Tamba M'Bayo
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 5 tables
- Weight526 g
- Width160 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.