All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNoted scholars Haddad and Smith bring together outstanding essays on the distinct experiences of mirity Muslim communities from Detroit, Michigan to Perth, Australia and the wide range of issues facing them. In their introduction, the authors trace the broad contours of the Muslim experience in Europe, America and other areas of European settlement and shed light on the common questions mirity Muslims face of assimilation, discrimination, evangelism, and politics. This text provides a welcome introduction to these increasingly visible citizens of Western nations.
- Author BiographyYvonne Haddad is Professor of History of Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations at the Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University. Past president of the Middle East Studies Association, she has authored and edited many books on contemporary Islam. Jane I. Smith is Professor of Islamic Studies and Co-Director of the Macdonald Center for Christian-Muslim Relations at Hartford Seminary. She has done extensive work on Muslim communities in America, Christian theology in relation to Islam, historical relations between Christians and Muslims, Islamic conceptions of death and afterlife, and the role and status of women in Islam. She is also co-editor of The Muslim World.
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/03/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note3 photographs, bibliography, index
- Weight531 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJane I. Smith,Yvonne Yazbeck Haddad
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.