All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApproximately 43% of us have a mutual reception by sign in our birth chart, ie, when two planets simultaneously occupy each other's sign. It's a powerful combination linking the effects of two houses in a chart, yet it's one of the least understood patterns in astrology. This book, an invaluable reference for any astrologer's library, describes the effects for each of the 66 combinations of house lord exchange. The first section of the book defines mutual reception in various forms, and the rules under which they apply. There's a simple science at work here, and its rigor provides straightforward rules for interpretation. A number of techniques make it clear how to analyse the strength of each mutual reception, identify the control planet and the affected areas of life, and determine the outcome. There are 66 case studies, one for each combination, eg, an exchange of 3rd/8th house lords. The author provides a general interpretation for each pattern, using the example of a famous person with that same combo, and an analysis of the mutual reception in their chart, showing how to apply the various techniques. As a concept, mutual reception is almost 2,000 years old, yet there's been very little written about it. This book is one that astrologers will refer to again and again, t only because 40% of clients have one of these combos, but because it's also a lesson in how astrology reveals its dignities - as a science with a map, an art with a palette - on each of which the planets leave their tracks.
- Author BiographyAlan Annand is a practicing astrologer, accredited by the American College of Vedic Astrology and the British Faculty of Astrological Studies. His New Age Noir crime fiction series features astrologer Axel Crowe, whom one reviewer has dubbed Sherlock Holmes with a horoscope.
- Author(s)Alan Annand
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.