Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionJoe Maltz's career as a broadcast engineer with the American Broadcasting Company spanned thirty-seven years and was followed by five years as a consultant to the television industry. In his memoir, My Adventures in Broadcasting, he takes a look back at his experiences during television's golden years from the usually invisible point of view of an engineer. Maltz participated in the technical preparation and execution of five Olympic Games, including the 1972 Munich Olympics, during which he covered the tragedy that unfolded there. For his engineering work on Olympic technical design, he won two Emmys. He also covered four political conventions and the first televised coverage of a Russian-American track meet in Moscow, which took place during the Cold War. Over the years memoirs about television broadcasting have been written and published by many tables in the industry. These memoirs recall events from an on-air perspective, igring the participation of the technical people that enabled these events to be successfully produced and executed. My Adventures in Broadcasting offers a unique, behind-the-scenes perspective on television coverage of major news and sporting events fills that void.
- Author(s)Joe Maltz
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.