All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn My Affair with S, Bill Alcorn's highly appealing and thought-provoking collection of forty-eight personal essays, readers are introduced to a singular man who shares his views and musings on a wide range of topics that we consider daily...and several that we do t. From observations that range from softball and the Van Cliburn Pia Competition to cleaning his files and tap dancing, from conversations with his grandchildren to politics, and the special emphasis on his love for science and his investigation of etic science (consciousness, intuition, and spirituality), we see a life's work through the eyes and spirit of a scientist with an open mind, open heart, and a passion for living.
- Author BiographyBill Alcorn earned his BS in Industrial Management and his MS and ScD in Chemical Engineering, all at MIT. He specialized in the design of catalysts and catalytic processes, and wrote papers on batteries for electric cars and hydrocarbon fuel cells. He later became Technical Director at Harshaw Chemical and then Camet, a manufacturer of catalytic converters. He is active in a Unitarian-Universalist church and has served as board president. The author is a trustee of a professional theater, a member of a 107-year-old philosophical club, and an amateur musician. Bill and his wife reside in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Author(s)Bill Alcorn
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication13/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUnclassifiable: WZ BIC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.46Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $44.33
- AU $28.40Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.