All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs Under Secretary of State for the Colonies in 1907, Winston S. Churchill toured Britain's territories in East Africa. My African Journey, first published in 1908, documents his travels and the people he met; he waxes lyrical on the natural beauty of Uganda and goes on to explore Egypt and Sudan via the White Nile. More than a travelogue however, Churchill, w in his 30s, turns his attention towards issues of government and development, suggesting that the best way to tap the latent wealth of East Africa was the development of the railway system. His thoughts on settlement, race and government provide an intriguing insight into contemporary imperialism and African history and fascinating reading for both Churchill enthusiasts and those interested in the historical relationship between Britain and its colonies towards the end of the British Empire.
- Author BiographySir Winston S. Churchill (1874-1965) was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom on two occasions, from 1940 to1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. Celebrated as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the 20th century, he was also a gifted orator, statesman and historian. The author of more than 40 books, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1953 and in 1963 was made an honorary citizen of the United States.
- Author(s)Sir Winston S. Churchill
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight322 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.