All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRachael Lee Harris spent her early childhood locked in an autistic fog until beginning her journey from a fragmented world to one in which things began to make sense. Rachael's determination to take her place in society led her down many paths, from beauty therapist to Catholic nun, from mother and wife to divorcee and working mom. Today, she is a psychotherapist specializing in helping others on the Autism Spectrum. Rachael's story explores areas such as schooling, family relationships, employment, travel, and faith culminating in monastic life, motherhood, dating, and marriage. Through her story, we get a more rounded positive vision of how an autistic life can develop and insight into the benefits of being on the spectrum alongside the very real picture of its challenges. Addressing the culture of disability and negativity that surrounds so much of the public perception of the Autism Spectrum, Rachael presents a more moderate and perhaps more objective assessment of her own life experiences, as well as the potential for others on the Spectrum.
- Author BiographyRachael Lee Harris is a registered psychotherapist specializing in Asperger's Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism, providing a unique contribution to the field of Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) therapy and research from her perspective as a woman who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. She continues to improve the quality of life of children and adults on the Autism Spectrum as well as their careers and partners through her private practice, speaking engagements, and retreats. She has also given several academic presentations.
- Author(s)Rachael Lee Harris
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight490 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.