All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this edgy, honest, and often audacious book of Catholic spirituality Maria Morera Johnson explores the qualities of 24 holy women who lived lives of virtue in unexpected and often difficult circumstances. Johnson shares her experience as an educator of at-risk college students, and caregiver for a husband with Lou Gehrig's disease. Through humorous, empowering, and touching portraits of 24 spiritual mentors who inspired her, Johnson shows how their bravery, integrity, selflessness, perseverance, and hope helped her and can help others have courage to reach for a closer connection to God. She presents remarkable holy women and saints-including Irena Sendler who helped smuggle children out of the Warsaw Ghetto during World War II-in a way that brings their vivid personalities to life and helps readers live out the challenges of their lives with virtue and conviction. The book includes a group discussion guide.
- Author BiographyMaria Morera Johnson is a CatholicMom.com blogger and host of several popular Catholic podcasts, including Catholic Weekend. Johnson is a literature professor for at-risk and non-traditional students at George Piedmont Technical College and has received a number of awards for teaching.
- Author(s)Maria Morera Johnson
- PublisherAve Maria Press
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAve Maria Press
- Weight181 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.