Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe book traces Elison's youth growing up in Blackfoot, Idaho, to his graduate education at Harvard Divinity School. It covers experiences at Brigham Young University and on a Mormon proselytizing mission in Atlanta, Georgia. It highlights influences from older bull riding brothers to film. It's filled with bull riding, wrestling, ballet, theology, literature, philosophy, and it's all accessible. It's bound by the meaning of the life and death of Elison's mother. He pulls the covers off Mormon's holy concept of the eternal family, the god Mormon's worship, and the Book of Mormon. And he returns them as something even more substantial. The book is narrative driven by events in his life and mixes essays on topics ranging from the Apostle Paul's harm to individual flourishing to Mormonism's greatest and unkwn philosopher, who accurately conjectured dark energy was a major composition of the universe before any modern day physicist. It also discusses the purpose of the author of the Book of Acts t unkwn to the readers of his day but to the readers of today, until w. The book is overwhelmingly positive in its aim to never stop questioning. While it is critical of everything under the sun, from religion to education, the intent is to examine foundations and build from them to a better approach with the world we experience. It delivers an unparalleled view of Mormonism, and is also a lot of fun.
- Author BiographyJesse Elison was born in Belmont, Massachusetts, grew up in Blackfoot, Idaho, and lives in Missoula, Montana. He served a proselytizing mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Atlanta, Georgia. He studied at Brigham Young University, Harvard Divinity School, and University of Oregon. He is a corporate attorney. My Best Mormon Life is his first book.
- Author(s)Jesse Elison
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.