All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn rhythmic verse, this book shows children of divorced families that a positive attitude can lead to a happy outcome and springs open their hearts and minds to accept their own bonus mums. It captures the mixed emotions that surge through young children as they deal with divorce and adjust to remarriage. The children work through their feelings of dismay, fear and anger, and grow to love dad's new wife, whom they come to think of as their bonus mom. Twice the attention, twice the love, twice the fun and twice as many birthday presents! What's t to love? Earned Horable Mention at 2013 Southern California Book Festival!
- Author BiographyTami Butcher made it her goal to write a childrens book while teaching seventh-graders at Phoenix Prep Academy. As a child, she grew up with what she lovingly refers to as her bonus mom, a nurturing, caring woman many would refer to as a stepmother. Butchers parents amicably divorced when she was 11, and for the sake of Butcher and her three sisters, decided to keep each other fully involved in their childrens lives despite the divorce. Eventually both her parents remarried, but they continued to share birthdays, holidays and special times together with their children, as well as with their new spouses. Because of her parents efforts, Butcher and her sisters grew up feeling blessed for having two moms and dads instead of stepparents. Reflecting on her own family dynamics, Butcher realized that if she could plant a seed in childrens minds that having a stepmother or stepfather can be a &ldquo Feras Nouf is a published illustrator of children's books and was selected by Tami Butcher to illustrate My Bonus Mom! I love my stepmom. She did a great job of stepping into a difficult situation, and I would highlyrecommend any parent going through a similar situation to read this book to their child. Not onlyis it a cute read, but it is also written in a loving way that children can relate to. I wish this bookhad been around for me when I was a child going through divorce and remarriage. Well done, myfriend, well done.Bill Engvall, Comedian, television star of The Bill Engvall Show and Blue Collar Comedy Tour
- Author(s)Tami Butcher
- PublisherFive Star Publications
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationChandler
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFive Star Publications
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight148 g
- Width205 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Feras Nouf
- Foreword byBill Engvall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.