All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy Chinatown is a critically acclaimed, spectacularly illustrated picture book homage to family, culture, and a childhood spent in one of the most striking places in any city Chinatown. Kam Mak grew up in a place of two cultures, one existing within the other. Using extraordinarily beautiful paintings and moving poems, he shares a year of growing up in this small city within a city.My Chinatown explores a boy's first year in the United States after emigrating from China as he grows to love his new home in Chinatown through food, games, and the people surrounding him. Through Kam Mak's spare verse and richly detailed artwork, the streets of Chinatown come vividly alive.Chinatown a place of dragons and dreams; fireflies and memoriesChinatown full of wonder and magic; fireworks on New Year's Day and a delicious smell on every cornerChinatown where every day brings something familiar and something wondrously new to a small boyChinatown home?
- Author(s)Kam Mak
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width274 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kam Mak
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.