All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $20.48Trending at AU $29.81
- AU $36.36Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis version of the extremely popular book with all black & white interior images gives it a stalgic appearance. My Culinary Academy, is a comprehensive text book for progressive culinary training and development of entry level cooks who wish to progress in their career. The book is a very clear, easy-to-understand overview of many of the basic topics and techniques that culinary students need to kw to begin their professional development in the kitchen. The author's expertise in teaching comes through clearly in the straightforward, well-written descriptions of techniques, ingredients, and culinary termilogy. The recipes are appealing, well written, and approachable. It is also a recount on chefs many years of coaching and training with detailed instructions and contains advanced topics from sustainable food sources to sushi fabrication and artisanal cheese making. Current consumer trends are explored as well as the future in the ever changing food service industry as it evolves with increasing speed. It is a valuable reference for culinary professionals and educators as well as foodies.
- Author BiographyChef Gebauer is a seasoned professional with over forty years of experience in the hospitality industry, opening new resorts, cruise lines and developing food & beverage concepts. During his professional career Chef Gebauer has been involved in consulting projects around the world, earned many memberships and awards. He catered to royal families, presidents and governments, and was featured on TV shows in Germany as well as the US. He cooked at the James Beard House in New York City and frequently at the Grand Old Opry, Nashville. Growing up at the foothills of the Bavarian Alps he had a humble childhood in the country side. Beginning his culinary career with a traditional apprenticeship in a boutique hotel he became certified chef with honor after three years. Then he sailed around the world onboard luxury cruise lines, taking on his first sous chef position with Peninsula in Hong Kong, the Middle East would follow before he returned to Germany becoming Certified Master Chef. Shortly after that he was appointed Executive Chef onboard the legendary SS Norway at age thirty. After a few years he found a new challenge with the startup for both Star Cruises in Singapore and later Disney Cruise Line in Florida. Opening the Aventura Spa Palace in Cancun followed before he accepted a position at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville. In 2006 he became the Executive Chef at Potawatomi Bingo Casino, the largest Native American Casino operation without a hotel. His department has been recognized for its accomplishments in food safety as a finalist at the 2013 NRA Shows Operators Innovation Awards in Chicago. He is a member of the American Culinary Federation and is an advisor to several culinary schools in the Milwaukee area as well as the Wisconsin Restaurant Association board. He is actively supporting the community and local area charities, and contributes frequently to the Hotel F&B Magazine, a National industry publication. Chef Peter now lives in Germantown and enjoys family time with his wife Aime, son Daniel and daughter Anna Claudia; together they also practice Tae Kwon Do. Chef published his first book in 2009, Omnivore's Travel takes an unprecedented approach in examining his international career, a smorgasbord of bizarre food experiences and provocative cultural history, this book provides insight on the current challenges and trends in our industry for the reader.
- Author(s)Peter Gebauer
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.