All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1862 and the Civil War is raging. Hearing the call, James enlists and, leaving his family behind, musters in to the 10th NY Volunteer Cavalry. Flash forward one hundred and fifty years. Rachel Benton is desperate. After the sudden death of her husband, and eviction from their house, she is forced to move across country with her young daughter, Julia, to the small town of Oxford to take care of Nonna, her ailing grandmother. When her grandmother dies, she finds herself immersed in the legal ramifications of handling her grandmother's estate. As she searches for Nonna's will, Rachel discovers Civil War diaries and letters and other mysteries hidden in the house. Who are James and Emma? How will their lives impact hers? Will she find the answers before time runs out?
- Author BiographyJoAnn Meaker is the author of Images of America, Ontario, a book written to commemorate the bicentennial of the town of Ontario, New York, where she lived for almost thirty years. A retired teacher, she volunteered for many years for the town's Historical Society, was the organization's President and served as organizer of Civil War re-enactments at the Society-owned Heritage Square Museum. She loves to read, research family history, and do needlecraft. Spending time with her grandchildren is a joy and teaching them to love history is a goal.
- Author(s)JoAnn Meaker
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.