Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCome to realize what transpired in Germany during World War II through the day to day experiences of a grandmother after her son left for North Africa. She t only talks to you about daily personal matters; however, narrates with eloquence political situations, how the war is progressing, listening to Hitler and Goebbels. She talks about the weather, how people had to fight for recognition and for eats. Anna Kerschl Bauer talks about the many times the family is needed to be in the basement, racing later to the hill-side bunker. You will be drawn into the life of Anna Kerschl Bauer and be aware of the climate which became more and more words of discomfort and/or encouragement.
- Author BiographyA grandmother's personal reflection of the daily grind as a German during World War II. Not only does the writer of the diary, at times in poetic words, describe her personal sentiments, but writes about politics, war effort, natural disasters, and what may become of Germany and its people after the war. The author is most forthright in here expressions. She is factual and expression opinions when warranted in her personal relationships with family members. One can sense a deep allegiance to the efforts of Nazi Germany. However, one can sense a very slow shift toward her expressions of a better life after the war. The writer has a wonderful sense of humor coupled with a delightful presence in parties with the consumption of wine and champagne. The author expresses pure delight in being driven into the country side when she can reflect about days gone by before the war. Sh e is a loving person who seeks to have all around her live in peace. The author is a well-read person. Although she laments the loss of wealth and prestige, she will has a sense of family.
- Author(s)Anna Elisabeth Kerschl Bauer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byNorman F Weber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.