All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Moore left the city behind in 1952 to become part of a dying breed - a long-distance drover. In My Droving Days we follow his progress through the 1950s as he rubs shoulders with the larger-than-life characters - and their dogs and horses - who trekked along the outback stock routes of western Queensland and New South Wales. Meet the world's worst cattle dog and the station hand, Charlie, who blows an outside toilet (and its contents) sky high; thrill to the high drama of a night stampede; catch a poddy dodger in the act; get caught by a beast's horns; take on a brown snake while collecting wild duck eggs or shoot a few roos to feed the twenty-seven dogs on the team. My Droving Days captures the real taste of the outback and the vanishing world of the overlanders, bulldust and all.
- Author BiographyPeter Moore was a drover throughout the 1950s. He married his wife Shirley Moore in 1960. She started writing in 1992 and has had several short stories published and articles published. They both currently live in Sydney.
- Author(s)Peter Moore,Shirley Moore
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.