All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis vel follows a provincial oil minister, Skurt Ancre, from the Russian Far East as he gets drawn into a scheme by China to prevent ecomic stagnation by grabbing a newly discovered oil field in Tajikistakstan. The story grows to involve a disaster at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, Iran's constant search for enriched uranium to build its own bomb, and North Korea's dillusional new leader, in a world where international politics creates strange bedfellows. World leaders become involved in unforseen situations that lead to war and leaves them grasping for answers. Even as Ancre's wife is trapped by a terrorist bombing, he must avoid being kidnapped by world leaders who hate him as he devises a scheme to rescue them from their ill-conceived ideas. In a world where political expediencies override publicly declared positions, national enemies become friends and friends are discarded when they are longer of use. All of this leads to an unanticipated shift in Asia's political structure as Ancre tries to keep one step of his growing list of enemies and protect his own secrets from being discovered.
- Author BiographyThe author is a resident of the Las Vegas, NV. area. Originally from the east coast he has lived in the desert Southwest for the past thrity-five years. This is his third novel, the first being Down Under a WW II submarine adventure. His second novel And Then They Were Kings is the first in his Skurt Ancre series and takes place in the Russian Far East involving the Russian Mafia, oil theft, and money laundering. The author has traveled throughout the U.S. and in over twenty other countries in North America, Europe and Asia. He was a counterintelligence special agent, New York stage manager, and owner of audiology offices in the Tucson, AZ. area. He and his wife enjoy traveling and can be found in their motor home each summer as they escape the Nevada heat and visit new places.
- Author(s)K Ray Katz
- Date of Publication20/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.