All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Mildred L. Batchelder medal for most oustanding children's book in translation. Escaping Nazi Germany on the kindertransport changes one girl's life forever At the start of World War II, ten-year-old Franziska Mangold is torn from her family when she boards the kindertransport in Berlin, the train that secretly took nearly 10,000 children out of Nazi territory to safety in England. Taken in by strangers who soon become more like family than her real parents, Frances (as she is w kwn) courageously pieces together a new life for herself because she doesn't kw when or if she'll see her true family again. Against the backdrop of war-torn London, Frances struggles with questions of identity, family, and love, and these experiences shape her into a dauntless, charming young woman. Originally published in Germany, Anne Voorhoeve's award-winning vel is filled with humor, danger, and romance.
- Author BiographyAnne C. Voorhoeve is an award-winning German novelist and screenwriter. She lives in Berlin, Germany. Tammi Reichel is an instructor of German at the University of Richmond and lives with her family in Virginia.
- Author(s)Anne C Voorhoeve
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDial Books for Young Readers,US
- Weight522 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Translated byTammi Reichel
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $16.00
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.