About this product
- DescriptionALISON LESTER: AUSTRALIA'S CHILDREN'S LAUREATE 2012-13..Alison Lester grew up on a farm by the sea in eastern Victoria. My Farm is her story of a memorable year, the year she got a palomi pony for Christmas. Trick-riding horses, mustering cattle, training the dog, competing at the local show, feeding calves, picking mushrooms, raising a baby wombat, building cubbies, cutting hay, swimming ponies in the dam, hyptizing chooks ...all the activities through the seasons are depicted with child-like mischief and humour...This is a sparkly new edition of a classic Australian picture-book a perfect companion to the best-selling Imagine and Magic Beach.
- Author BiographyAlison Lester is the well-known creator of many popular and award-winning children's books, many of which reflect her own country childhood.The Snow Pony was shortlisted for both YABBA and KOALA awards, reflecting its popularity with young readers of horse stories. The Quicksand Pony was shortlisted for the National Children's Award, Festival Awards for Literature in 1998, and in 1999 was the winner of the WA Young Readers Book Awards. Her picture book Are We There Yet? was the winner of the 2005 CBC Book of the Year - Picture Book award...Alison Lester was Australia's Children's Laureate in 2012 and 2013...
- Author(s)Alison Lester
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication12/01/2005
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight188 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
- Edition StatementRe-issue
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Most relevant reviews
- cypress_199520 Jul, 2012by
So happy with this book!
THis is a brilliant nook that i used to get read to when i was a child. Alison lester is an excellent author and i hope that my son will enjoying being read this book when his a little older.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.