All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn this gripping memoir, the daughter of a man who conspired to assassinate Hitler tells the story of three generations of her family and offers unparalleled insight into the German experience in the last century. On August 15, 1944, Major Hans Georg Klamroth was tried for treason for his part in the July Plot to kill Hitler. Eleven days later, he was executed. His youngest daughter, Wibke Bruhns, was six years old. Decades later, watching a documentary about the events of July 20, she saw images of her father in court suddenly appear on-screen. I stare at this man with the empty face. I don't kw him. But I can see myself in him. How could her family succumb to Nazi sympathies? And what made her father finally reunce Hitler?
- Author BiographyWibke Bruhns was born in 1938 in Halberstadt. She has worked as a journalist in both TV and print and as a TV presenter and news reader. She worked as a correspondent for Stern magazine in the United States and Israel and headed the culture section at one of Germany s largest television stations, ORB. She has two grown daughters and now lives and works as a freelance writer in Berlin.
- Author(s)Wibke Bruhns
- PublisherVintage Books USA
- Date of Publication11/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.