All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a child, Lindy Bruzzone knew how she would die. It would be like everyone else in her family who had passed away from cancer-her father, his father, and his mother. For them, it was how life ended. In My Father's Daughter, Bruzzone tells the story of a family confronting challenges beginning in the early 1600s when they crossed the ocean seeking freedom. They migrated westward and settled in Los Angeles County in the 1890s. It was there members of her grandfather's family died, one by one, of cancer. She offers childhood memories of growing up within the security of small town, Carson City, Nevada, where her parents live humbly and teach their children to care for themselves in the event cancer strikes again. She challenges mortality-first as a teen, then as a single mother working within California prison yards of Soledad and later at San Quentin, and supervising the most violent parolees on California's mean streets of Oakland and Richmond. She works as an investigative consultant while she waits her turn for cancer to strike. My Father's Daughter discusses the day she was finally diagsed with late staged cancer. Instead of the ending of a life, a new beginning occurs. Bruzzone undertakes a genetic journey working with her medical team to understand and live with the hereditary cancer condition of Lynch syndrome. A roadmap for survival, this memoir inspires strength and gratitude in seeing how Bruzzone learns how to live as her father's daughter.
- Author(s)Lindy Bruzzone
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.