All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionA true masterpiece of book design and illustration for beginning readers, this collection pairs well-kwn nursery tales with uniquely beautiful period illustrations that look as fresh and vital today as they did six decades ago, when the book was first published in Great Britain. Never before published in the United States, My First Nursery Book features four beloved stories: Who Killed Cock Robin?, The Gingerbread Man, Three Little Pigs, and The Three Bears. Franciszka Themerson, a Polish avant-garde artist and filmmaker who returned to children s book illustration as a refugee in London in the 1940s, is regarded as one of the great talents in classic children s book illustration. Finally, American children can experience and enjoy this remarkable volume, filled with stunning illustrations that will bring a new audience to Themerson s genius.
- Author BiographyFranciszka Themerson (19071988) was an influential artist, filmmaker, illustrator, theater designer, and book designer. She and her husband, Stefan Themerson, collaborated on many books for children and founded the Gaberbocchus Press.
- PublisherAbrams Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbrams Books for Young Readers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width198 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Franciszka Themerson
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.