All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the problem-child Dee Andrews runs away from her Knightsbridge home to see her father in his City office, she starts a chain of events which involve Janet Sandison in the life and loves of her step-mother Rose. The beautiful tawny-gold Rose; the cold-creamed Rose in her fantastically-ornate bedroom; the vulgarly 'frank' Rose who regales Janet with the intimate details of her love affair with such relish ...Yet for all her brashness, Rose exerts a curious charm which makes this one of the most engrossing of all the warmly human and popular stories about Janet Sandison and her engaging 'Friends'.
- Author BiographyBorn in Scotland in 1910, Jane Duncan spent her childhood in Glasgow, going for holidays to the Black Isle of Inverness. After taking her degree at Glasgow University she moved to England in 1931, and when war broke out she was commissioned in the WAAF and worked in Photographic Intelligence. After the war she moved to the West Indies with her husband, who appears as 'Twice' Alexander in her novels. Shortly after he husband's death, she returned to Jemimaville near Cromarty, not far from her grandparents' croft which inspired the beloved 'Reachfar'. Jane Duncan died in 1976.
- Author(s)Jane Duncan
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMy Friends...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.