Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionJanet and 'Twice' Alexander break new ground in the island of St. Jago, British West Indies-a setting as far removed from the Highlands of Scotland as a calypso from a lament. But it takes more than a planter's punch compounded of island feuds, jealousies and intrigues to put out the exuberant Alexanders-as this further sparkling episode in the w-famous saga shows, through an unexpected drama provides a startling climax.
- Author BiographyBorn in Scotland in 1910, Jane Duncan spent her childhood in Glasgow, going for holidays to the Black Isle of Inverness. After taking her degree at Glasgow University she moved to England in 1931, and when war broke out she was commissioned in the WAAF and worked in Photographic Intelligence. After the war she moved to the West Indies with her husband, who appears as 'Twice' Alexander in her novels. Shortly after he husband's death, she returned to Jemimaville near Cromarty, not far from her grandparents' croft which inspired the beloved 'Reachfar'. Jane Duncan died in 1976.
- Author(s)Jane Duncan
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMy Friends...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.