All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a little Nigerian boy who doesn't kw what job to do when he grows up. His father teaches in a school; his mother owns a bakery; Auntie Ngo is a doctor, while ather aunt makes pots. But his grandfather seems wiser and more interesting than any of them - for he is a traditional healer, using the ancient kwledge of plants and trees. This child's-eye view of the diversity of African life, captured in stunning photographs, is sure to absorb children of all cultures.
- Author BiographyIfeoma Onyefulu was broughout up in a traditional village in Eastern Nigeria. Her highly acclaimed children's books are renowned for countering negative images of Africa by celebrating both its traditional village life and its urban life. A is for Africa, her first book, has become a classic title in the genre of cultural diversity and was praised by Publishers Weekly for its 'incisive view of her country's rich heritage'. Ifeoma has twice won the Children's Africana Book Award: Best Book for Young Children in the USA> Here Comes our Bride won the award in 2005 and Ikenna Goes to Nigeria in 2008. Ifeoma lives in London with her two sons. Find out more about Ifeoma's books at www.ifeomaonyefulu.com.
- Author(s)Ifeoma Onyefulu
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date12/04/2013
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight154 g
- Width280 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 4 To 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.