All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rollicking, rhyming, fun rendition of a favorite folksong about a many-times recycled coat -- by the award-winning, bestselling team of Jim Aylesworth and Barbara McClintock. When my grandfather came to America he made himself a handsome coat! Then he wore it and he wore it and he wore it-- until it was all worn out! So what did he do? He snipped and he clipped-- and he stitched and he sewed. . . and out of the still-good cloth of his coat-- he made himself a smart jacket! How many things can Grandfather make out of that old frayed coat? Jim Aylesworth's satisfying retelling and Barbara McClintock's heart-warming pictures celebrate the clever recycling of a beloved coat that lasts four generations -- until it becomes this story!
- Author BiographyJim Aylesworth tells his stories with generous doses of out loud sounds, rhythms, and rhymes. His 25-year teaching career taught him exactly what children love best in a story. He lives in Chicago, IL with his wife. Barbara McClintock's distinguished books have four times been honored as New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Books.
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width224 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Barbara McClintock
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.74
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.