All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.99Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- Description<i>My Israel, Our Generation</i> is the story of the generation of Israelis born after the Six Day War, a generation whose grandparents founded the country, whose parents fought for its survival, and who themselves w face the challenge of shaping Israel's character. This generation was raised with great idealism and a belief in simple truths about justice, morality and right and wrong, but is living with a far more complex reality than they expected or were prepared to face. <i>My Israel, Our Generation</i> is also an open letter to Israel's next generation of leaders, in which Wilf offers a vision of a country based on excellence and inclusion: Excellence, because Israel simply cant afford less, and inclusion because each and every Israeli has the right to experience the sense of belonging which all humans crave. About the Author: Einat Wilf is a Member of Knesset within the Independence Faction and serves on the influential Foreign Affairs and Defense committee. Previously, she served as a Senior Fellow with the Jewish People Policy Planning Institute, a Foreign Policy Advisor to Vice Premier Shimon Peres, and a strategic consultant with McKinsey & Co. in New York. She is also the author of two books: 'My Israel, Our Generation' and 'Back to Basics: How to Save Israeli Education (at additional cost)'. She holds a BA in Government and Fine Arts from Harvard University, an MBA from INSEAD in France, and a PhD in Political Science from the University of Cambridge.
- Author BiographyDr. Einat Wilf is a Member of Knesset within the Independence Faction. She serves on the Foreign Affairs and Defense, Education, and House committees. Dr. Wilf is the author of two books that explore key issues in Israeli society. Her first book, My Israel, Our Generation, about Israel's past and future from the perspective of the younger generation, was published in Hebrew in 2003 and in English in 2006. Her second book, Back to Basics: How to Save Israeli Education (at no additional cost), which offers a detailed and feasible policy proposal for saving Israel's ailing education system, was published in Hebrew in 2008 by Yedioth Achronot. Previously, Dr. Wilf served as a Senior Fellow with the Jewish People Policy Planning Institute, wrote a weekly column in the Israeli daily newspaper 'Israel Hayom', taught social entrepreneurship at Sapir College, was a member of the President's Conference Steering Committee, a Foreign Policy Advisor to Vice Prime Minister Shimon Peres, a strategic consultant with McKinsey & Company in New York City and a General Partner with Koor Corporate Venture Capital in Israel. Born and raised in Israel, Dr. Wilf served as an Intelligence Officer in the Israel Defense Forces and holds a BA in Government and Fine Arts from Harvard University, an MBA from INSEAD in France, and a PhD in Political Science from the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Einat Wilf
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication20/03/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.