All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy Journey: Transforming Dreams Into Actions is the life story of India's eleventh President, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, who started off as an insignificant little boy Rameswaram, but ended up becoming the President of the country, besides being a brilliant scientist as well. The book portrays the struggle that Dr. Kalam had to endure, as he climbed the ladder of success in life. He speaks at length about each and every individual who impacted his life, during his formative years as a child and even when he was a young adult. He speaks about those who were the closest to him, such as his father, who loved God deeply. He also talks about his mother and her kindness. Apart from his parents, he speaks about his mentors, who molded his thoughts and directed his actions. My Journey: Transforming Dreams Into Actions is a book that offers you many emotional accounts by Dr. Kalam, which speak of his life in a small town by the Bay of Bengal. He tells his readers about the many times when he would feel dejected in life and was on the verge of giving up. He mentions that he gained strength in those times from spirituality and certain books. All in all, the book gives you valuable and first-hand information on life itself.
- Author BiographyThe author, Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was born on 15th October 1931, at Rameswaram, which is in Tamil Nadu. He majored in Aeronautical Engineering from Madras Institute of Technology and is one of the most renowned scientists in the country. He has received many awards, including the Padma Bhushan (1981), the Padma Vibhushan (1990) and the Bharat Ratna (1997).
- Author(s)A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- PublisherRupa & Co
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRupa & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.