All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn easy to read book written in the format of a Will that passes on to the next generation valuable lessons learned from a parade of real-life characters. A thought provoking book that explores how one's life is shaped by the individuals one encounters and how God is active in our lives. It includes many down to earth, heartwarming stories, and reflections about how the author rose from working as a shoe shine boy at age 12 to become Scout Executive/CEO of one of the largest Boy Scout Councils in America. This engaging read is sometimes humorous and sometimes tearful.
- Author BiographyJames (Jim) Tinker was raised in, Brighton, a small steel mill town in the suburbs of Birmingham, Alabama. He attended Jacksonville State University, University of Alabama in Birmingham and earned a degree in Counseling from Samford University. After working a couple of years in the steel mills and running his own successful plumbing business, Jim went to work for the Boy Scouts of America in 1966. For the next 33 year he worked for Scouting in New Orleans, Atlanta, Chattanooga and Birmingham. During his employment by the Boy Scouts, Jim was instrumental in the development of several innovative programs, trained hundreds of professional scouters, raised over 40 million dollars, built numerous camp facilities and office buildings, and oversaw the creation of one of the largest Boy Scout Councils in the nation when he merged several Councils in North Alabama. As Jim and Judy moved around the country they always searched for a church that offered a youth program that appealed to their daughters and made them want to attend church. As results, Jim has served as an ordained deacon in the Baptist Church, was elected an elder in a Presbyterian church and served as chairman of the Administrative Board in a Methodist Church. He also served as a Lay Leader and was certified as a Lay Speaker in the United Methodist Church. Since his retirement from the BSA in 1999, Jim has served as a consultant for the BSA, owned and operated a charter fishing boat, served on the staff of his local church and was a successful realtor. Some of his honors include the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award, Cross and Flame award from the United Methodist Church, Realtor's Million Dollar Club, Leadership Birmingham and Paul Harris Fellow Rotary International. Jim and his wife of 50 years, Judy, have three biological daughters plus a fourth daughter who became a member of the family when she was a teenager. They have twelve grandchildren. Jim and Judy divide their time between a cabin in the mountains of North Georgia and a condo on the Gulf Coast.
- Author(s)Jim Tinker
- Date of Publication03/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.