All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionMy Life in the New York Times is a book of collages that are constructed from torn out pieces of articles from The New York Times . The artist has chosen these articles for their personal significance to him and the ways in which they later affected his work. In many cases he has painted watercolors around the cutouts and then photographed them in order to create a timeless work of art, realized fully in this magnificent book.
- Author BiographyRoss Bleckner is an American artist and the current goodwill ambassador to the United Nations, taking over the position that was held by Angelina Jolie, which was awarded to him in 2009. The Solomon R. Guggenheim of Art had a major retrospective of his works in 1995, summarizing two decades of solo shows at internationally acclaimed exhibition venues such as SFMoMA, Contemporary Arts Museum, Stockholm Moderna Museet, and the Carnegie Museum of Art. Works by Mr. Bleckner are also held in esteemed public collections throughout the world, including MoMA, MoCA, Astrup Fearnley, Museo National Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, and the Whitney Museum of American Art. Not only has Mr. Bleckner had a profound impact of shaping the New York art world, his philanthropic efforts have enabled many community organizations to perform their vital work. He lives in New York City, NY.
- Author(s)Ross Bleckner
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Content Note101illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width178 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.