All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the inside story of the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO), from its beginnings in 1964 to the signing of the Oslo agreement in 1993. For over three decades, the main goal of the PLO was to achieve a just peace in the Arab-Israeli conflict, and to build a democratic state in Palestine for all its citizens. Shafiq Al-Hout, a high ranking PLO official until his resignation in 1993, provides previously unavailable details on the key events in its history such as its recognition by the UN and the Oslo peace negotiations. Taking us right to the heart of the decision making processes, this book explains the personalities and internal politics that shaped the PLO's actions and the Palestinian experience of the twentieth century. Although he was an insider, Al-Hout's book does t shy from analysing and criticising decisions and individuals, including Yasser Arafat. This book is an essential piece of history that sheds new light on the significance of the PLO in the Palestinian struggle for justice.
- Author BiographyShafiq Al-Hout was one of the leading figures of the PLO, from its foundation through to the Oslo Agreement. He has written numerous articles, essays and books, including The Left and Arab Nationalism (1959), The Palestinian between Diaspora and State (1977) and Moments of History (1986). He lived in Beirut until his death in 2009.
- Author(s)Shafiq Al-Hout
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJean Said Makdisi,Martin Asser
- Translated byHader Al-Hout,Laila Othman
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.