All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionChildren placed in foster homes face many difficult changes over which they have control. They must learn to quickly adjust to a different family, a new set of rules, and possibly a new school and community-almost an entirely new life. These changes can be overwhelming for kids, and the sadness, fear, and anger they may feel can prevent them from making a successful transition into foster care. The simple activities in My Lifebook Journal offer children the tools they need to adjust to their new situation in a healthy way. Using the worksheets in this book, kids can journal about their positive experiences and memories, learn to develop a strong sense of self, identify the people they can rely on, and learn coping skills for dealing with feelings of anger and sadness. Writing down and exploring their thoughts and feelings in just a few minutes each day can help children better understand themselves and their biological and foster families. The resiliency and self-confidence that these activities develop will help children handle t only the transition into foster care, but also the many positive changes in their lives still to come.
- Author BiographyTherese Accinelli, LMFT, holds a master's degree in clinical psychology and is a licensed marriage and family therapist. She has worked with children in foster care for over a decade. Accinelli grew up in Southern California, where she still resides with her husband, daughter, and cat. She is one of twelve children and has an identical twin sister.
- Author(s)Therese Accinelli
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication06/11/2008
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width201 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.