All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever loved a dog? Or trapped a skunk? Or pondered God and Heaven? This book tells of a poor boy's life with the little dog he loved who did all that and many other exploits during the middle of the Great Depression. It is an exciting, true story relating the encounters by the boy and his little dog with many rattlesnakes, other npoisous snakes, pumas, trapping, herding cattle, guns, coyotes, skinny dipping, schooling, and many other adventures ending with the dog saving a Boy Scout from death. It also tells of the author's first experiences in a church, some good and some bad, his facing the sorrowful pains of grief plus his questions about heaven which led to a deep faith in God and a better understanding of human nature. (Ultimately those early experiences helped prepare the author for the Christian ministry and missionary service overseas as told in his recently published autobiography VIGNETTES OF A WONDERFUL LIFE available through Amazon books.)
- Author BiographyDr. Palmer was in Naval aviation during World War II. He and his wife later served internships for missionary service with the Yakima Indians in Washington, the Chinese and fifteen other cultural groups in New York City and, in Public Health and church work, on the island of Jamaica, West Indies. He was a missionary in Japan followed by becoming an Executive in the Division of Overseas Ministries and the Dean of the College of Missions for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination. He was minister of a large church in the High Plains of Texas followed by being the Chairman of the Division of Science and Mathematics in a Texas college. He completed four degrees. From Texas Christian University the B.A in premedicine and the M.Div. from Brite Divinity School. From Yale University School of Medicine the M.S. in Public Health. The D.Min from Phillips University. He has done extensive writing for various publications. The Palmers joint autobiography, VIGNETTES OF A WONDERFUL LIFE is available through Amazon Books and Barnes and Noble. His most recent book, SAVING ROBERT THE ROBOT is available through Create Space and Amazon. The author and his lovely wife are retired and live in Fort Worth, Texas. They have two beloved daughters and five energetic grandchildren.
- Author(s)Dr Ralph Thomas Palmer,Ralph Thomas Palmer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.