All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Taut plotting and sharp storytelling' 'Absolutely gripping story' 'Classy, stylish writing, a profound tale in page-turning fashion. Unreservedly recommended.' 'A strange and stubborn book, visual and visceral, original and odd...will stay with you long after finishing its final pages' - For Books' Sake If your life w is ather person's past...What echoes do you leave in their soul? Could they be the answers you need w? It's a question Carol never expected to face. She's a gifted musician who needs thing more than her pia and certainly doesn't believe she's lived before. But forced by injury to stop playing, she fears her life may be over. Enter her soulmate Andreq: healer, liar, fraud and loyal friend. Is he her future incarnation or a psychological figment? And can his story help her discover how to live w? A vel in the vein of The Time Traveller's Wife, Vertigo and The Gargoyle, My Memories of a Future Life is much more than a 'who was I' tale. It's a provocative study of the shadows we don't kw are driving our lives, from our own pasts and from the people with us right w. An examination of what we believe, what we create and how we scare and heal each other. Above all, it's the story of how one lost soul searches for where she w belongs. 'I was always fascinated by tales of regression to past lives, ' says the author Roz Morris. 'I thought, what if instead of going to the past, someone went to a future life? Who would do that? Why? What would they find? 'I began to delve into the world of the classical musician. Musical scores are exacting and dictatorial - you play a te for perhaps a sixth of a second and t only that, there are instructions for how to feel - expressivo, amoroso. It's as if you don't play a piece of classical music; you channel the spirit of the composer. And I thought, what if she couldn't do it any more? And then, what if I threw her together with someone who could trap the part of her that responded so completely to music?'
- Author BiographyRoz Morris published nearly a dozen novels and achieved sales of more than 4 million copies - and nobody saw her name because she was a ghostwriter. She is now proudly publishing as herself and her work draws favourable comparisons with Margaret Atwood, Doris Lessing, Ray Bradbury and Penelope Fitzgerald. She has also been a writing coach, editor and mentor for more than 20 years with award-winning authors among her clients. She has a book series for writers, Nail Your Novel (and a blog www.nailyournovel.com), and teaches creative writing masterclasses at locations throughout Europe and for The Guardian newspaper in London.
- Author(s)Roz Morris
- PublisherFabled Lands Publishing
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSaffron
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFabled Lands Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.