About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book about the depth of a daughter's love, and the breadth of a mother's life; it is about letting go, but never forgetting...A photographer's love letter to her late mother, whose five year struggle with Alzheimer's and devout passion for couture clothing inspired this poignant and moving photo essay which sparkles with the memories of her mother's glamorous and fashionable life. In My Mother's Clothes, photographer Jeannette Montgomery Barron creates a poignant and enduring portrait of her late mother through still life images of her cherished clothing, shoes, and personal possessions. As her mother's struggle with Alzheimer's progressed, robbing her of any remembered past, Montgomery Barron began this unique visual album as a way of both sparking her mother's memories, and coping with her own sense of loss. Poetic, riveting, elegant, My Mother's Clothes is part fashion diary, part personal memoir, part loving memorial, and part life celebration. An inspiring and intimate true story told in picture and word that will be cherished by mothers and daughters, by fashion lovers and photography fans, by those grieving the loss of a loved one or anyone suffering from or affected by Alzheimer's.
- Author BiographyJEANNETTE MONTGOMERY BARRON studied at the International Center of Photography, and became known for her portraits of the New York art world in the 1980s, which were later published in her monograph, Jeannette Montgomery Barron. This was followed by Photographs and Poems in 1998, with text by the Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Jorie Graham (Scalo), Mirrors, a collaboration with renowned author Edmund White (Holzwarth Editions, 2004), and Session with Keith Haring in 2006 (Holzwarth). Her work has appeared in publications around the world, including Vogue, The New Yorker, and Vanity Fair, and her prints are held in numerous museum collections, such as The Houston Museum of Fine Arts, The High Museum of Art in Atlanta, and The Andy Warhol Museum. Jeannette Montgomery Barron lives and works in Rome, Italy and Connecticut with her husband and their two children. PATRICK KINMONTH is a diverse artist and writer. He has been Arts Editor at British Vogue and written texts for many photography and art books, notably collaborating with Mario Testino, Snowdon, and Tessa Traeger. He has worked as a painter, a curator and exhibition designer, set and costume designer, opera director and architect all over the world. His most recent design project, a new building for Missoni, has just been unveiled on LA's Rodeo Drive. JAMES D. BARRON is an art dealer and author living in Italy with his wife Jeannette Montgomery Barron and their two children. Before becoming a private art dealer, he worked in New York at the Knoedler Gallery and the Jan Krugier Gallery. His article, Picasso's Women, was published in The Paris Review in 1987 and in 1998 he had his first New York Times bestseller: She's Having a Baby - And I'm Having a Breakdown (William Morrow, l998); this was followed by She's Had a Baby - And I'm Having a Meltdown (William Morrow, l999), and She Wants a Ring - And I don't Wanna Change a Thing (William Morrow, 2001). His books have been translated into more than ten languages including German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and Hebrew.
- Author(s)Jeannette Montgomery Barron
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication16/03/2010
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWelcome Enterprises, Inc
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width215 mm
- Height374 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.