All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionI felt sorry for Siobhan ...but I admired her too, the way she always left her mark, on people and places, fellas and school desks. 1987: Johnny Logan has just won the Eurovision, mobile phones are about to be invented, and in Limerick, Saoirse O'Brien is sick of her best friend calling her a frigid. Soon after agreeing to a night of drinking with the lads in Wilson's Pub, she discovers her pregnancy, and is forced to set out on a journey that leads her miles away from home, and the carefree adolescence she knew. My Name is Saoirse was first performed in 2014, before being revived at the 2015 Edinburgh International Fringe Festival. This edition was published to coincide with the Irish tour of the play in autumn 2015.
- Author BiographyEva O'Connor is an Irish writer and performer based in London. During her time studying English and German at Edinburgh University, Eva founded Sunday's Child Theatre Company, and has since written and produced five plays with the company. In 2012 Eva won the NSDF award for Best Emerging Artist with her play Kiss Me and You Will See How Important I Am. Her one woman show My Name is Saoirse won the First Fortnight Award at the Dublin Fringe 2014, and the Argus Angel at the Brighton Fringe 2015. Eva performed the play at Edinburgh's Assembly Hall as part of the Edinburgh Fringe through August of this year and will be taking the production on a regional tour of Ireland in Oct/Nov. Eva also adapted My Name is Saoirse for RTE Radio 1, which broadcast in their Drama On One slot in April 2015. Eva was part of the Traverse young writers group and selected for the Traverse 50 in 2014. Her most recent play Overshadowed about a young girl's struggle with anorexia premiered at The Tiger Dublin Fringe in September 2015 and won the Fishamble New Writing Award. Eva also has an MA in theatre Ensemble from Rose Bruford drama school.
- Author(s)Eva O'Connor
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight56 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.