All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn enchanting collection of stories about the most famous little sister in the world, with the beautiful and iconic illustrations by Shirely Hughes. This treasure trove of sibling naughtiness contains: My Naughty Little Sister My naughty little sister is stubborn and greedy and full of mischief. She tries to cut off the cat's tail and eats all the trifle at Harry's party! How much bother can one little sister be[unk] More Naughty Little Sister Stories My naughty little sister is always getting into trouble. This time she refuses to have her photo taken and shows off in front of Harry. Will she ever learn to be good? My Naughty Little Sister and Bad Harry Together they are double trouble ...my naughty little sister and Bad Harry make friends with a mouse and find a hiding place for their bread crusts! When My Naughty Little Sister Was Good - Sometimes my naughty little sister can be good ...when she helps Grannie to make a Christmas Pudding and even teaches Bad Harry a lesson or two. Has my little sister given up her naughty ways? My Naughty Little Sister's Friends - More trouble from my naughty little sister - she goes exploring up a chimney and learns how to make sweets. My Naughty Little Sister has charmed generations of adults and children alike thanks to Dorothy Edwards' playful stories and Shirley Hughes' beautiful illustrations. These best-selling books are perfect for little girls with siblings of their own. A great book for early readers aged 6 and up. Fans of Milly Molly Mandy and Mrs Pepperpot will love My Naughty Little Sister. Praise for My Naughty Little Sister: Edwards was one of the best children's writers of the 20th century and her collaboration with illustrator Shirley Hughes was pure magic: the stories are cheeky, touching and funny . (The Sunday Express). Naughtiness is naughtiness, whatever the generation, and these stories are a delight . (The Scotsman). Dorothy Edwards dreamt up My Naughty Little Sister whilst on a family holiday in 1950. Dorothy based the character on her younger sister, Phyllis, and went on to write five books about her naughty little sister with wide acclaim. Dorothy became a household name and her stories were read and loved across the globe.
- Author BiographyDorothy Edwards dreamt up My Naughty Little Sister whilst on a family holiday in 1950. Dorothy based the character on her younger sister, Phyllis, and went on to write five books about her naughty little sister. Dorothy Edwards became a household name and her stories were read and loved across the globe. She became a fixture of a radio show in the 1950s called Read with Mother and she also wrote for Playschool and Jackanory. Dorothy died in 1982, aged 68. Shirley Hughes was born in 1927. After a year at Liverpool Art School studying costume design, Shirley moved on to the Ruskin School of Drawing in Oxford. She has written and illustrated over fifty books and sold more than eleven million copies. In both 1977 and 2004 she won the Kate Greenaway Medal and in 1984 she won the Eleanor Farjeon Award. In 1999 she was awarded an OBE for services to children's literature and in 2000 was made a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Dorothy Edwards
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication05/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMy Naughty Little Sister Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight595 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Illustrator(s)Shirley Hughes
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.59Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.