All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFans of Escape from Mr. Lemoncello s Library and humorous historical fiction will embrace this follow-up to My Near-Death Adventures (99% True!), which Publishers Weekly called an exuberant first vel. It is 1895 Michigan. But w, instead of helping out rough-and-tumble lumberjacks, Stanley Slater (aka Stan the Man) must go to school. And on top of that, he has to look after Cuddy, a younger boy, before and after school. When his ne er-do-well father shows up in town, Stan finally has a chance to meet the man he s dreamed about for so long. Plus, it will give Stan a chance to impress the infamous Captain Slater. (Stan is a whiz at impressing people, he doesn t mind saying.) But Captain Slater isn t quite what Stan expected. In fact, Stan isn t so sure he wants to be like his dad Captain Slater at all. Praise for My Near-Death Adventures (99% True!) A knee-slapper of a debut. . . . 100 percent engaging. Kirkus Reviews Hilarious and heartbreaking. . . . 99 100% fantastic. Betsy Bird, A Fuse #8 Production, School Library Journal An exuberant first vel. Publishers Weekly Stan s story is full of his hilarious misunderstandings and overactive imagination. Interspersed throughout are pictures and news clippings embellished with wisecrack remarks, speech bubbles, and the occasional mustache. Booklist The humor and accessible format may make this a diverting quick pick for historical fiction fans. The Bulletin of the Center for Children s Books
- Author BiographyLike Stan, Alison DeCamp grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Her family history consists of stories of life in lumber camps and old scrapbooks. A graduate of Michigan State University, Alison is a former middle and high school language arts teacher. She now works at Between the Covers, a bookstore in Harbor Springs, Michigan, and spends the rest of her time with her husband and teenage children. You can find her online at alisondecamp.com.
- Author(s)Alison DeCamp
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content NotePhotos throughout
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.