All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoger Welsch is a fierce fan of Nebraska-t just the football team, or the state's famous beef, or its endless sky, or its ferocious and ferociously unpredictable weather, but the whole thing. His license plate says CAPT NEB, and he means it. Welsch loves Nebraska as the heart of America's Great Plains. His perception of the state is t always conventional-occasionally it's even abrasive-but he's thought a lot about this place some call Fly-Over Country or The Middle of Nowhere or even The End of the Earth. And what he has to say about it makes interesting reading t just for natives but certainly also for outsiders, for those who love the place and those who would rather travel through hell than make ather drive across Nebraska's endless miles.
- Author BiographyRoger Welsch was a professor of English and anthropology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln until 1988, when he moved to Dannebrog, Nebraska, to write full time. He is the author of more than thirty books, including It's Not the End of the Earth, but You Can See It from Here and Touching the Fire: Buffalo Dancers, the Sky Bundle, and Other Tales, both available in Bison Books editions.
- Author(s)Roger L. Welsch
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.