All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMy Odyssey to Area 51 by Thornton D. TD Barnes is his autobiography and personal account of the CIA selected him to work at Area 51. The book follows his odyssey through his childhood on a ranch in New Mexico, his military career, involvement with the NSA, CIA, and NASA that brought him to Area 51. Barnes is a veteran of the NASA High Range and Groom Lake where he and others pioneered the NASA X-15, XB-70, and Lifting Bodies. The CIA recruited Barnes, a hypersonic flight support specialist with a missile and radar background for a special projects team during the CIA's A-12 Project OXCART at Area 51 where he remained as Special Projects cadre for the Soviet MiG exploitation programs, and the early days of pioneering stealth aircraft and drones. The content is declassified.
- Author BiographyTD Barnes, author and entrepreneur, grew up on a ranch at Dalhart, Texas, and graduated from Mountain View High School, Oklahoma. He then embarked on a ten-year military career. He served as an army intelligence specialist in Korea. Following 2 1/2 years of radar and missile electronics schooling, he taught foreign students the Nike radar and missile system and deployed with a Hawk missile battalion during the Soviet Iron Curtain threat. He attended Artillery OCS, where an injury ended his military career. Barnes' career included serving as a field engineer at the NASA High Range in Nevada for the X-15, XB-70, lifting bodies, and lunar landing vehicles. He participated in the NASA NERVA project at Jackass Flats, Nevada; and served in Special Projects at Area 51. Barnes later formed a family oil and gas exploration company, drilling and producing oil and gas and mining uranium and gold. Barnes is currently the CEO of Startel, Inc., a landowner, and actively mining landscape rock and gold in Nevada. He is also the president of Roadrunners Internationale, an association of Area 51 veterans. Formerly, he was the first executive director of the Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame. Two National Geographic Channel documentaries: Area 51 Declassified and CIA - Secrets of Area 51 have featured Barnes. Numerous documentaries produced by the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, the Travel Channel, and others also feature Barnes. The Annie Jacobsen book, Area 51 Declassified, also features his career. Barnes is the author of two nonfiction books, MiGs Over Nevada, and My Odyssey to Area 51, a 3 novel series about EMP and nuclear war, and a 3-novel series about Islamic Jihad in America. Barnes lives in Henderson, Nevada.
- Author(s)MR Thornton D Barnes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.