My Personal Best: Life Lessons from an All-American Journey by John R. Wooden, Steve Jamison (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.34+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a national bestseller for John Wooden's millions of fans - a heartfelt and revealing self-portrait about the people and events that shaped his life. Sports Illustrated declared: 'There has never been a finer coach in American sports than John Wooden. Nor a finer man'. ESPN selected him as the 'Greatest Coach of the 20th Century'. From his birth on an Indiana tenant farm, to All-American hours at Purdue, to his historic record-setting UCLA dynasty, John Wooden is a towering figure in 20th-century sports, and his experience and wisdom an American treasure.In My Personal Best , Coach Wooden tells how he did it and the lessons he learned on his remarkable journey. Pairing never-before-seen photos from Coach Wooden's private collection with his personal stories and affirmations, this book encompasses the dramatic arc of Wooden's larger-than-life achievements and experiences. As he did in his perpetual bestseller, Wooden Coach offers a wealth of biographical details, personal reflections, and a lifetime of lessons. His millions of fans will cherish this definitive pictorial history of a living sports legend.' John Wooden is a living legend because he practised what he preached - the code of ethics which created America's strength' - Phil Jackson, head coach, Los Angeles Lakers. 'Most of what I kw, what's made me a smart man, has come from John Wooden' - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer. 'A man of John Wooden's accomplishments and integrity would stand out in any era, but w, almost three decades after he coached his last game, he is in some ways an even more striking figure' - Bob Costas.
- Author BiographyJohn Wooden (1910-2010), guided the UCLA Bruins to ten NCAA basketball championships over a 12-year period, including four perfect seasons and an 88-game winning streak. He was named ESPN's Greatest Coach of the 20th Century and voted #1 Coach of All Time by The Sporting News. Sports Illustrated said it best when they said: There's never been a finer man in American sports than John Wooden, or a finer coach. In 2003 John Wooden was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Steve Jamison is America's foremost author and authority on the life and philosophy of John Wooden. Mr. Jamison is a consultant to the UCLA Anderson Scool of Business' John Wooden Global Leadership Program. He has collaborated with Coach Wooden on an award-winning PBS presentation as well as several books, including his final book, The Wisdom of Wooden: My Century On and Off the Court.
- Author(s)John R. Wooden,Steve Jamison
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note75photos
- Weight521 g
- Width165 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.