All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRobbins's work sounds very little like most of what is being published in America by poets his age -He comes out of ather tradition, one we forget in these indifferent times at our own peril, the tradition of Villon, of Corbier, Celine, Henry Miller, Tom McGrath, and most recently Gerald Stern, the great outsiders who bless our daily lives with their boundless love and rage. Praise from Philip Levine
- Author BiographyIn addition to several chapbooks, DOREN ROBBINS has published five previous full-length collections of poetry, including Parking Lot Mood Swing: Autobiographical Monologues and Prose Poetry (Cedar Hills Books, 2004) and Driving Face Down (Eastern Washington University Press, 2001), which won the Blue Lynx Prize for Poetry. His poems, prose, poems, and short fiction have appeared in a wide array of literary magazines and anthologies, among them the American Poetry Review, Kayak, Sulphur, and For Rexroth, and have earned him numerous prizes and awards, including a fellowship from Oregon Literary Arts. The cofounder and coeditor of the literary journal Third Rail, Robbins has also written critical essays on the work of Charles Bukowski, Deborah Eisenberg, Katerina Gogou, Philip Levine, Larry Levis, Michael McClure, Thomas McGrath, Kenneth Rexroth, Kazuko Shiraishi, Carol Tinker, and Philip Whalen. Before embarking on a career in teaching, Robbins spent over two decades working as a cook and as a carpenter. His interests extend to art, and he has produced poster-poems to benefit the Salvadoran Medical Relief Fund, poetsagainstthewar.org, and PEN. He holds an MFA from the University of Iowa and currently teaches literature and creative writing at Foothill College, in Los Altos, California, where he is director of the Foothill College Writers' Conference.
- Author(s)Doren Robbins
- PublisherEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCheney
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Weight132 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.