Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionEven in unremarkable stories, we are remarkable. Julian Monroe, a child of mixed race, grows up on the shores of Lake Michigan. Her father-with whom she shares an intense bond-teaches her to sail, and she becomes fascinated with the art and science of navigation. After high school, she enlists, honing her craft as a Quartermaster aboard a Navy cruiser. At age twenty-two, revelations of her family's biological makeup unfold, causing her to doubt everyone, everything she has trusted. For the first time in her life, she questions her own life-navigational skills-a map and compass aficionado utterly lost. She flees to the coast of Maine, navigating aboard a ferry that runs to Nova Scotia each day. She plods ahead at the emotional and ecomic poverty level, yet manages to connect with new friends, neighbors, lovers. With them, she discovers that some of the richest destinations in life are those mapped by the wandering or by the lost.
- Author BiographyMy Quirks and My Compass is the first novel from H. Charles Dilmore. The companion novel, Half Moons and Maiden Names, was published July, 2010. Charles resides in the Finger Lakes Region of New York state.
- Author(s)H Charles Dilmore
- PublisherPensive Pony Media
- Date of Publication21/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPensive Pony Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.