All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionPhoto-journalist, Kent Gavin has put together a collection of his favourite Royal photographs, many of which are recognised as being iconic. His thoughts and comments accompany each photograph. Published to co-incide with the Queen's Jubilee.
- Author BiographyKent Gavin is a well known and respected British Photojournalist whose iconic images have featured consistently on Newspaper and Magazine covers throughout the World. But it is for his truly iconic Royal images that he is best known. From his early days as an agency photographer he constantly sought perfection in everything he did, and his determination to get the right picture soon came to the notice of the Daily Mirror. Before long it was obvious to them that he had a natural rapport with the Royals, and the foundation on which he based the rest of his career was laid. Through his key position as Chief Photographer with the Daily Mirror Kent had the privilege to become accepted as one of the few trusted and respected Royal Photographers. He has amassed a fascinating chronicle ranging from his Royal experiences to the hard nosed aspect of modern Photo-Journalism. From Ten Downing Street to the White House, and from superlative sporting images to Hollywood Film Sets. His experience now spans an incredible six decades, and in this time Kent has won virtually every Major Prize in the industry. Included in his 131 awards are Press Photographer of the Year three times, Features Photographer of the Year, he achieved Royal Photographer of the Year an unprecedented seven times, and Royal Photographer of the Decade, twice, in the 1980's and 1990's, largely due to an excellent proffessional relationship with Prince Charles, and Diana, Princess of Wales. His iconic images are instantly recognisable the World over, with few of his fellow photojournalists fortunate enough to share in the respect and admiration afforded Kent.
- Author(s)Kent Gavin
- PublisherM Press (Media) Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2012
- Place of PublicationRomford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintM Press (Media) Ltd
- Content Note200
- Weight1546 g
- Width225 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementSpecial edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.