All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFootball hero. Ninja freestyler. It's seventh grade. Anything is possible. All Dillon wants is to be a real dancer. And if he wins a summer scholarship at Dance-Splosion, he s on his way. The problem? His dad wants him to play football. And Dillon s freestyle crew, the Dizzee Freekz, says that dance studios are for sellouts. His friends want Dillon to kill it at the audition so he can turn around and tell the studio just how wrong their rules and creativity-strangling ways are. At first, Dillon s willing to go along with his crew s plan, even convincing one of the sbbiest girls at school to work with him on his technique. But as Dillon s dancing improves, he wonders: what if studios aren t the enemy? And what if he actually has a shot at winning the scholarship? Dillon s life is about to get crazy . . . on and off the dance floor in this kid-friendly humorous debut by Brooks Benjamin. ** A rollicking, big-hearted breakdance of a book. It s a story about friendship that s got all the moves: humor both sly and slapstick, a diverse cast of characters, and a winning narrator who s trying to learn how to follow his heart, find the beat, and dance his pants right off. Kate Hattemer, author of The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy Equal parts jazz hands and karate chop, with a dash of football and a pirouette of pure heart. Dillon and the Dizzee Freekz are en pointe. This book will rock you! Kristin O Donnell Tubb, author of The 13th Sign From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyIn sixth grade, Brooks Benjamin formed a New Kids on the Block tribute dance crew called the New Kidz. He wasn t that good at dancing. But now he s got a new crew his wife and their dog. They live in Tennessee, where he teaches reading and writing and occasionally busts out a few dance moves. He s still not very good at it.
- Author(s)Brooks Benjamin
- PublisherDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Weight567 g
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.